One of the biggest events in the ethereum DeFi landscape over the past two weeks was the surprise airdrop of Uniswap’s UNI governance token. While some viewed the move as a rushed response to the SushiSwap attack, the market seems to have embraced the new coin: At the time of writing, UNI has reached a market cap of close to $650M.
Full details are available on the Uniswap blog.
The Spadina testnet launched just a few hours ago. Spadina is expected to be the last testnet launched before Phase 0 of Ethereum 2.0. The Ethereum Foundation has released a Spadina launchpad for anyone who wants to try their hand at running a validator.
Bits & Pieces
- Ethereum core researcher Danny Ryan submitted EIP-2982 for Phase 0 of Ethereum 2.0
- The value of tokenized bitcoin on Ethereum has pushed past $1B
- $1B in Tether was moved from Tron to Ethereum for the second time in a one-month period
- Optimistic rollup scaling project Optimism is set to launch a limited early testnet with partner Synthetix
- ETHOnline is taking place from October 2 — October 30; apply to enter the hackathon or participate in the summits here
NEAR hopes to take on Ethereum by offering better scalability and lower fees.
In other Polkadot news, the first project teams have submitted proposals for funding from the Polkadot Treasury.
Stargate-3, the latest version of the Cosmos Stargate public testnet, is live!
WorkLock came to a close on Monday.
The NuCypher team summed up its mission comic-book-style on Twitter.
We published Part 2 of our “Deeper dive into Ethereum 2.0” series.
Didn’t catch Part 1?
We released our Ethereum 2.0 calculator for estimating the rewards you can receive for staking your ETH.
We posted Part VI of our ongoing Ethereum ecosystem infographic series.
We hosted the second and third meetups in our DeFi Seoul series, featuring Aave and Cream Finance. If you speak Korean, drop in and join us this Friday for the next event! We’ll publish the link on our Twitter page.