PoS Round-Up is our focused biweekly report on the major news in and around the Proof of Stake ecosystem.
- The London Hardfork was activated and the much awaited EIP-1559 was implemented that integrated a transaction fee predictability mechanism including fee burns. Over $100 million in ETH has been burned! You can view the burn action here:
- $611 million was stolen from cross-chain protocol, Poly Network, last week. The networks affected included Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon. In a series of bewildering Ethereum transaction data exchanges with the community, the hacker has since begun returning the stolen funds.
- An important runtime upgrade, Referendum 30, was passed for Polkadot that improved communications protocols on the gossip topology and efficiency in collation.
- Motion 102 was passed to fund PolkaWorld, the largest Chinese Polkadot community, to support operational expenses for the next 3 months. Breakdown in the costs cover articles, interviews, meetups, workshops, and hackathons.
- OKRs of the Polkaworld contract: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IF69BmfIq0eb4J17Vgq7-we8DarFUZDvg5bmUQ9dhe0/edit#
- Ethermint, an EVM on Cosmos powered by Tenderming BFT, is finally going live on testnet! Mainnet launch is anticipated for Q4 launch.
- We officially revealed our grantfish validator that exclusively uses rewards to donate to support the cosmos ecosystem
- The 7th upgrade to Tezos, Granada, is now live providing block time reduction, gas improvements, and public goods incentivization through liquidity baking!
- Tezos DNS verifications were released where you can now link a website to your Tezos profile account!
- TZ APAC also announced their Ecosystem Growth Grants to support developer relations
- A testnet for Cardano’s smart contracts are now live with the Alonzo Purple update. They are now onboarding users. Smart contracts on Cardano are on track for September.
- Solana celebrated a milestone of having over $1 billion USDC in circulation in their ecosystem
- Wormhole, a generic cross-chain messaging protocol was announced connecting Ethereum, Solana, and Binance Chain
- Star Atlas, a Solana native metaverse has been bubbling with activity before launch and ecosystem support.
- ZEIP-1, a ZRX DAO treasury allocation proposal was announced to continue the 0x Ecosystem Value Experiment (0xEVE) to support users to the Polygon Network via 0x-powered applications.
- Volmex Finance, the tokenized volatility protocol, was launched officially on Polygon
- The Graph launched the largest bug bounty program in the world at $2.5 million with the Immunefi bug bounty program.
- Near announced a series of hackathons for a total of $1 million in prizes
- RPC as a service is now available and sharding will be launched in Q3-Q4
- Kava Swap is coming soon and they have focused on delivering a cross-chain compatible AMM!
- USDX on Kava has hit an all time high of $100 million in marketcap
- The v1.3.2 update to Casper Network has been pushed out for mainnet bringing valuable changes to validator activity and peer authentication
- Dark Forest, an MMO space-conquest game on xDai announced Round 3’s objective to race to the center of the universe
stakefish is the leading validator for Proof of Stake blockchains. With support for 10+ networks, our mission is to secure and contribute to this exciting new ecosystem while enabling our users to stake with confidence. Because our nodes and our team are globally distributed, we are able to maintain 24-hour coverage.