PoS Round-Up is our focused biweekly report on the major news in and around the Proof of Stake ecosystem.
- Visa announces they purchased a CryptoPunk NFT, giving a boost to the growing space. They believe NFTs are part of what they call “historic commerce artifacts”.
- Budweiser also jumps into the NFT space by purchasing the domain name beer.eth and the digital image of a rocket ship, as part of the plans from its parent company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, to run a new NFT media shop.
- The sixth Kusama parachain slot auction is scheduled to begin on September 1st. The first batch of 5 parachain slot auctions on Kusama were completed successfully over the course of June and July.
- InterBTC is building a bridge to enable any IBC compatible chain to access Bitcoin. This will help Cosmos improve inter-chain collaboration and grow the DeFi sector.
- Swiss-based InCore bank announced a collaboration with Crypto Finance AG and Swiss IT consulting firm Inacta to introduce new digital financial products based on Tezos.
- Blockchain startup dcSpark’s sidechain project, named Milkomeda, will allow EVM-compatible smart contracts to be executed from the Cardano mainnet.
- Developers on Solana can now leverage Chainlink’s highly decentralized, high-quality, and fast-updating price reference data when building smart contract applications in DeFi.
- Following a successful testnet in late 2020, HOPR, a protocol that lets companies and users protect their transmitted data, is running a second incentivized testnet in Polygon to gather data of its privacy protocol.
- The Graph supports Web3 innovation by contributing over $500K in grants to the Execution Layer (Eth1) Client Ecosystem Fundraise and to the OpenGrants initiative for Eth2 client teams.
- Near Protocol enters the gaming space by partnering with the co-founder of Humanguild to create NEAR Land, a decentralized multiplayer 2D online world.
- Kava rolled out a proposal for a $100,000 trading competition in Kava Swap. Voting ends September 2nd, 2021. Link to vote: http://bit.ly/prop-61
- Casper Network’s blockchain product is now available in AWS Marketplace.
- Casper Association is partnering with Gitcoin to create a Friendly Hackathon and support developers seeking to build innovative dApps on Casper.
- TornadoCash, a fully decentralized protocol for private transactions on Ethereum, is now live on xDai, giving users access to privacy through one of their 4 pools, ranging from 100 to 100K xDai.
- Pocket Network, a marketplace that matches blockchain application developers with RPC infrastructure providers and node runners, now provides decentralized RPC access to the xDAI blockchain.
stakefish is the leading validator for Proof of Stake blockchains. With support for 10+ networks, our mission is to secure and contribute to this exciting new ecosystem while enabling our users to stake with confidence. Because our nodes and our team are globally distributed, we are able to maintain 24-hour coverage.