PoS Round-Up is our focused biweekly report on the major news in and around the Proof of Stake ecosystem.
- Second-layer scaling solutions, designed to counteract network congestion on Ethereum, reach over $1 billion in total value locked.
- Offchain Labs launched the mainnet of its Ethereum layer 2 platform, Arbitrum One, and secures $120M in funding.
- DeFi platform Cream Finance falls victim to another attack, with more than $25M in crypto stolen in a flash loan exploit.
- Cardano launches its much anticipated Alonzo update, allowing developers on the blockchain to integrate smart contracts on their Dapps.
- Cardano Summit 2021, a mix of virtual and live Cardano related events from around the world, is just around the corner. The Biggest Cardano event ever will take place Sep. 25–26.
- Kilt, a blockchain identity protocol for issuing self-sovereign, anonymous, verifiable credentials, wins Kusama’s 6th parachain slot.
- Moonbeam announced plans to collaborate with Lido to allow liquid staking for Polkadot on Moonbeam and Kusama on Moonriver.
- Coinbase chooses Polygon as its first Ethereum scaling solution, in an effort to allow for quick and economical withdrawal fees for its customers.
- Mina Protocol is partnering with Polygon to build a bridge allowing devs. on Polygon to leverage Mina’s privacy-preserving features.
- Interchain Security, the category of Shared Security that uses IBC, is coming to Cosmos. The new Cosmos Hub Lead explains its benefits.
- UXD Protocol, an algorithmic stablecoin provider built on Solana, raised $3 million in a funding, aiming to expand DeFi outside Ethereum.
- Solana launched IGNITION, a global virtual hackathon with up to $5 million in prizes and seed funding across 4 tracks. Aug. 31-Oct. 8, 2021.
- The multi-platinum recording artist, Doja Cat, releases an NFT collection on the Tezos blockchain.
- Kava Swap, SWP, trading is now live on MEXC Global, a centralized exchange that employs a high-performance matching technology.
- NEAR Integrates Band Protocol’s scalable decentralized oracles for its DeFi applications.
- Cosmos/IRISnet-based WenChang Chain, will provide NFT technology to support trustworthy global circulation of Chinese traditional artwork.
- Akash Takyar, founder and CEO at LeewayHertz, calls Casper Network “the first-ever initiative towards innovating a blockchain platform that solves the concern of enterprise adoption.”
- AoX, an Arbitrum open-sourced unofficial instance, was deployed on xDai for research and development purposes.
- The validator arm of Persistence, Audit.one, has joined the Elrond Network as a staking provider.
- In a recent CoinTelegraph feature, Persistence co-founder & CEO outlines how “Staking will eat proof-of-work for breakfast”
stakefish is the leading validator for Proof of Stake blockchains. With support for 10+ networks, our mission is to secure and contribute to this exciting new ecosystem while enabling our users to stake with confidence. Because our nodes and our team are globally distributed, we are able to maintain 24-hour coverage.