Polygon's next chapter for Ethereum. Here's what's happening.
Circle increase USDC’s native availability, ETH post-Merge update, Cosmos Q3 report
gm stakers and makers. We round-up the world of PoS so you can Sit Back. Read. Relax. and catch up on what is happening with your favorite blockchains.
Here's what we have in store for the fishfam today:
- Polygon zkEVM Public Testnet
- Circle increases USDC’s native availability from 8 ecosystems to 13
- Ethereum's post-Merge update
- Cosmos Q3 report
- Quick bites in the world of PoS
- 5 Good reads
- Meme of the Week
Let's dive in.
Polygon zkEVM Public Testnet 💜
Polygon announces their zkEVM public Testnet as the world’s first open-source zkEVM network.
Polygon’s zkEVM aims to provide an EVM-equivalent layer 2 ZK rollup, be an open-source zk prover, reduce transaction costs with the inherited security of Ethereum, and be compatible with Ethereum smart contracts, dev tools, and the ecosystem.
Aave, Uniswap, web3 social platform Lens Protocol, and gaming studio 12am will be among the first to join the testnet.
The Circle is growing 🔵
Circle, the issuer of USDC, announced at Converge22 in San Francisco the intent for USDC to be natively available on Arbitrum, Near Protocol, Optimism, and Polkadot by the end of 2022 and Cosmos in early 2023.
The addition of USDC in these ecosystems makes it even easier for developers to build new apps for users to send, spend, and exchange money around the globe.
Joao Reginatto, VP of Product at Circle says, ““The multi-chain expansion is intended to increase USDC’s native availability from eight ecosystems to thirteen, and enables blockchain developers building on USDC and their users to experience greater liquidity and interoperability within the crypto economy.”
What's going on post-Merge? 🐼
Tim Beiko from the Ethereum Foundation released The 13th AllCoreDevs Update.
This post includes highlights and updates celebrating Ethereum's merge in a quasi-flawless fashion, AllCoreDevs and CL calls are on pause for a few more weeks with conversations about Shanghai candidate EIPs happening on Ethereum Magicians and IRL. Calls resume on October 27.
Kiln has been shut down with Rinkeby and Ropsten’s sunset dates on the horizon and infrastructure providers starting deprecations.
Things look good in the Cosmos ⚛️
Cosmos Daily released its Cosmos Ecosystem Q3 2022 Quarterly Report.
Highlights over the last quarter in the Cosmos ecosystem include welcoming dydx to Cosmos and the unveiling of ATOM 2.0.
Highlights for individual protocols include Kava drawing an increasing number of projects leading to TVL growth in Q3, Osmosis is the top DEX on Cosmos with $209 million TVL, the Shockwave Delta Mainnet Upgrade on Secret Network, and the growing expansion of Juno Network.
Happy birthday, Juno! 🎉
One year in the books. Juno Network upgraded its mainnet successfully to v10 on September 28 and celebrated its first birthday on October 1st.
Deva is doing the Salsa 💃
Devcon, the conference for Ethereum developers, explorers, and community members is happening in Bogota, Colombia October 11 - 14. Have fun if you are attending!
Quick bites in the world of PoS
- Solana introduces Solana U, a new program for student builders.
- Cardano monthly on-chain growth sees positive movement across key metrics and an uplift in the use of smart contracts.
- Messari's Q3 report states Polkadot has the largest active developer ecosystem outside Ethereum, with almost 3x more weekly commits than the next largest ecosystem.
- Moonbeam releases their September newsletter highlighting community-driven ecosystem grants, native USDT availability, and wormhole bridge.
- Stride enables liquid staking for Juno Network on Osmosis Frontier.
- Umee releases LocalUmee, a containerized testnet for rapid prototyping.
- Regen Network partners with Kulshan Carbon Trust on an innovative biochar-based methodology at Regen Registy.
- Staking Rewards interview with Evmos – Where EVM meets Interchain Composability.
- 5 new dApps join the Agoric ecosystem.
- Tezos announces Lima, it's 12th protocol upgrade proposal.
- Near teams with Google Cloud to accelerate Web3 startups.
- La Liga Golazos, a marketplace for digital collectibles of LaLiga teams and players, launches its closed beta on Flow.
- Sushi live on Kava.
- Band Protocol launches their Verifiable Random Function (VRF)
- Edgeware's financial working group releases financial report on the performance of EDG.
- Iris Network, in their September report, recap IBC.IOBScan.io explorer v0.6 & v0.7 release, rIRIS live on StaFiHub and rDEX, and more.
- Casper Labs joins the Swiss Blockchain Federation.
- pSTAKE will launch non-custodial ATOM liquid staking on the Persistence Core-1 chain, auto-compounding, and instant redemption.
5 Good reads 📚
- Mapping the Ethereum Staking Ecosystem
- PBS? More Like WTF: Summing up the ETH 2.0 MEV landscape
- [Quarterly Governance Review] Osmosis, Q3 2022
- Why ATOM 2.0 Is a Gamechanger
- The 0 to 1 Guide for MEV
Meme of the Week
That's it for this week, fishfam. See you online!
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin to Stake. Earn. Relax."
-Walt Disney, probably
If you want more, be sure to follow our Twitter (@stakefish 🐠)
Have an idea to improve PoS Roundup? Let us know!
stakefish is the leading validator for Proof of Stake blockchains. With support for 20+ networks, our mission is to secure and contribute to this exciting new ecosystem while enabling our users to stake with confidence. Because our nodes and our team are globally distributed, we are able to maintain 24-hour coverage.